Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Montana!

My flight got me into Butte, Montana at 10:30 pm Monday (pronouced Beaut, not butt). Coming in the night before my appointment, would enable me to be rarin' to go for my 5am alarm and one and a half hour drive to Helena Tuesday morning. (I had to fly into Butte, because it was the cheapest and most centrally located airport in the state- not too many options for flights into or out of Montana)
Tuesday, June 22nd there was frost on my car windows when I left the hotel: it got down to 31* F, then rebounded to low 70's later in the day.
As I drove to Helena, what used to be a breathtaking mountain pass, was marred by the ugly pine trees that have been killed by the beetles. I am not kidding! There were so many dead trees, it looked like autumn- so many orange trees! What a devastation. I can only imagine that with all the dead trees and wet spring, the fire danger will be extreme this summer and fall. After Helena, I drove to Missoula and on to Hamilton. Hamilton is a very quaint town. Lots of neat shops! After my appointment there, I went into Missoula and had lunch at El Cazador for Mexican food- yum-yum! I had the Chili Verde plate with salad instead of rice. They make a wonderful homemade salsa!
Then on to billings. I arrived after 10pm- what a long day, and what a tired butt! LOL
I finished my appointments around 3pm, then did what most girls do- Shopped at the mall :)
They have a great mall! Most of the shops are occupied!!!
Tomorrow, I drive to Bozeman, then to Great Falls. I am contemplating coming back to a town just south of Billings to watch the re-enactment of Custer's Last Stand. They start at 1pm, so not sure if I would be able to make it back. If I do this, I would have one hellova drive to Great Falls afterwards- but thinking, I may never get a chance to see it again, so leaning towards killing myself with all the driving. I will let you know when I post this weekend! Ta ta!

No comments: