Monday, August 17, 2009

Texas

I made it into Texas, due to training for my new job. Flew into Austin. I was disappointed in the hotel choice the company put me up in for the week. It was a La Quinta, but was located on the wrong side of the highway to walk to any of the local attractions or restaurants. My room was OK, but not the greatest.
I worked with a rep the five days of my trip. I saw a lot of country, but nothing to brag home about. One day we went to Corpus Christi, but didn't get near the ocean (not even a view of it).
The country side was interesting. I expected desert and was surprised at the areas that were lush with vegetation (grass, trees, and bushes). No mountains in this part of Texas, just rolling hills.
I ate every night at a Mexican place, that was not very busy, but had good food. On one evening, I had to walk back to the hotel in a down pour. Needless to say my clothes got soaked and I had to hang them to dry. I was glad this happened prior to my last day or I would have had to pack them damp.
Not sure when I will travel again. I am now covering only UT and ID. I will try to post places that are different and off the beaten path.

No comments: